Elderly dogs and dogs with certain physical limitations cannot take long walks. In such cases, a stroller can help you. Some find it more comfortable than a carrier.
I understand that you may have never bought such things before, so you don’t know what to look for. That’s why I wrote this buying guide with reviews of the best dog strollers.
- Quick Pick Table
- Review of the best strollers for dogs
- Best Overall – Pet Gear NO-ZIP Stroller
- Best value – Best Pet stroller
- Cheap dog stroller from Maylai
- Best dog stroller for large dogs – Petbobi
- Premium, heavy-duty dog stroller – HPZ Pet Rover
- Best multifunctional pet stroller 5-in-1
- Premium Pet Bike Trailer & Stroller from Doggyhut
- Run Performance Jogging Sports Stroller HPZ Pet Rover
- Best Pet Stroller for two animals
- Paws & Pals Double Pet Stroller
- Buyer’s guide
- When can I use a doggy stroller?
Quick Pick Table
Last update on 2023-05-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
If you’re looking for a stroller for a large dog, the Petbobi is the right one for you. For a small dog, an inexpensive stroller from BestPet or a multi-purpose stroller that can be used as a carrier is a good choice.
For joggers, a special Run Performance Jogging Sports Stroller is a better choice. If you need a stroller for two dogs, consider the Paws & Pals Double Pet Stroller.
Review of the best strollers for dogs
Best Overall – Pet Gear NO-ZIP Stroller
I liked this stroller from the famous Pet Gear brand because it has a door that closes with latches instead of a zipper. Zippers often break and are also opened by dogs.
Maximum Dog Weight: 150 Pounds
Product weight: 19 Pounds
Available sizes: one size (26 inch L x 15 inch W x 20 inch H)
What else I liked:
- the low entrance, the dog will be able to get in by itself and doesn’t need to be lifted up;
- 2 entrances (front and back);
- 1 button is enough to open the door;
- spacious cabin;
- can be folded in seconds;
- the handle is adjustable in height;
- sturdy construction;
- Air Ride tires provide extra comfort for your pet and provide an easy ride.
The Pet Gear stroller is good for multiple pets. Look at what it looks like in practice:
Best value – Best Pet stroller
If you are looking for a cheap stroller, this is probably the best option. Plus, it’s a quality product, judging by the number of positive comments.
Maximum Dog Weight: 33 lbs
Product weight: 11 lbs
Available sizes: one size 30″(L) x 19″(W) x 36.8″(H)
What I like:
- the comfortable 360 wheels;
- easy folding mechanism;
- spacious but compact cabin;
- lightweight (11 lbs);
- the frame is made of sturdy aluminum alloy;
- waterproof nylon fabric;
- cushioned interior bottom;
- 7 colors to choose from.
Suitable for pets up to 30 pounds.
Cheap dog stroller from Maylai
It is a relatively inexpensive and good stroller for dogs under 33 pounds. I liked that it is not bulky, but still quite roomy.
Maximum Dog Weight: 33 Pounds
Product weight: 12 pounds
Available sizes: 25.6″L x 18.5″W x 40.5″H
Advantages of the Maylai pet stroller:
- 360° rotating front wheels with cushioning;
- attractive design;
- comes in 3 beautiful colors;
- the manufacturer offers a lifetime money-back service;
- multifunctional cup holder;
- built-in safety strap;
- comfortable soft handle.
Best dog stroller for large dogs – Petbobi
According to the instructions, this stroller is suitable for large dogs up to 100 pounds. But in fact, not every large dog actually fits in it. Better orient yourself to the size.
Maximum Dog Weight: 120 Pounds
Product weight: 19.8 Pounds
Available sizes: 25.19in x 31.5in x 25.19in (W x L x H)
What I like:
- stable and sturdy due to the thickened steel frame and 4 pairs of rubber wheels;
- easily folds up cabin for compact storage (like a tent);
- the dog can get in and out of the stroller by itself;
- height-adjustable handle;
- 360° swivel wheels provide maneuverability;
- easy to clean material;
- easy assembly;
- comfortable foam handle.
Premium, heavy-duty dog stroller – HPZ Pet Rover
The HPZ Pet Rover is a high-quality, durable dog stroller that features high quality and functionality. It’s suitable for small to medium sized dogs up to 75 lbs. The size of the interior can be adjusted to fit the size of your pet.
Maximum Dog Weight: 74 lbs
Product weight: 23 lbs
Available sizes: one size 30 x 22 x 42 inches
What I like:
- it can be closed without zippers, but with snaps, which is more convenient and secure;
- the parts of the stroller are made of impact-resistant and rust-resistant materials;
- the wheels allow comfortable movement on different surfaces, such as sand, grass and gravel;
- the suspension and high quality wheels reduce vibrations during the ride and provide more comfort;
- weather resistance canopy + polyurethane coated interior fabric (abrasion resistant, water and dirt repellent, tear resistant);
- foam coated handle;
- folds easily with one hand;
- includes 2 washable pads.
Best multifunctional pet stroller 5-in-1
This is a multifunctional stroller for small to medium dogs up to 16 pounds. I think it’s worth the money because you’re buying 3 items at once: a stroller, a carrier, and a dog car seat.
Too bad it’s only suitable for small dogs.
Maximum Dog Weight: 16 lbs
Product weight: 9.3lbs
Available size: 36” * 37.4” * 19” (L / W / H)
What I like:
- 5 colors to choose from;
- folds up with one hand;
- compact design;
- the stroller can be assembled and disassembled in minutes;
- adjustable handle;
- lightweight (even a child can manage it);
- made following the standards for baby carriages;
- the product has been quality tested by the SGS;
- the top window can be closed so that the dog feels more secluded;
- a leash with carabiner to keep your pet safe;
- easy handling (the front wheels rotate 360 degrees).
In this video you can see the assembly guide:
Premium Pet Bike Trailer & Stroller from Doggyhut
This is a doggy stroller that can also be used as a trailer. You need to remove the front wheel and attach the stroller to the bike to ride with your dog. The manufacturer offers 3 sizes – medium, large and X-Large.
Maximum Dog Weight: 50 Pounds
Product weight: 28 pounds
Available size: 43.5 x 25 x 38.5 inches
What I like:
- you can customize the size to fit your pet (up to 100 pounds);
- waterproof, durable and easy to clean;
- comes in 3 colors (blue, lime green, red);
- it can be removed from the wheels and used as a crate, even for transporting the dog in the car.
Run Performance Jogging Sports Stroller HPZ Pet Rover
This dog stroller is specially designed for jogging sports. It’s a high quality stroller, so it’s not cheap.
Maximum Dog Weight: 50 lbs
Product weight: 26 lbs
Available size: L 48″ W 23″ H 40″ (Folded L 16″ w 28″ H 37″)
What I liked:
- the high quality materials (100% polyester and aluminum);
- aerodynamic design, long wheelbase, three air-filled high-performance rubber tires and other features that provide a comfortable ride;
- easy folding and unfolding with one hand;
- wheels allow you to move comfortably on different surfaces such as sand, grass and gravel;
- the first-class suspension and wheels reduce vibration during the ride and make the ride more comfortable;
- weather resistance canopy + polyurethane-coated inner fabric (abrasion resistant, water and dirt repellent, tear resistant).
Best Pet Stroller for two animals
This is a cheap stroller for two animals, but it has a lot of positive reviews, which is a sign of good quality. I like its compact and comfortable design.
Maximum Dog Weight: Each section will hold dogs up to 35 pounds.
Product weight: 16 pounds
Available size: 30 x 19 x 40 inches
What I like:
- easy one-handed folding;
- light weight – only 16 lbs;
- safety leashes for dogs;
- removable, washable carriers and interior pads;
- 2 doors (side and top).
Paws & Pals Double Pet Stroller
This is also a stroller for two dogs, but with a different design. Some have noted that this design is more comfortable and durable.
Maximum Dog Weight: Each seat can hold animals weighing up to 50 pounds!
Product weight: 21 pounds
Available sizes: 23 x 32 x 38 inches
What I liked:
- it is relatively inexpensive;
- sturdy frame;
- sturdy nylon protects against wind and rain;
- comfortable cushioned mattress;
- the bottom basket can be easily removed and washed or removed at all when you don’t need it;
- canopies can be opened or closed, depending on the weather.
What should be the best stroller for dogs:
- lightweight and compact, so that it’s easy to transport;
- with a simple folding mechanism and a sturdy frame;
- with a washable removable cover that can be easily removed and washed in the washing machine;
- well ventilated;
- safe (for example, some strollers have a built-in leash and safety zippers so the dog can’t open them).
Ideally, the size of the section should be adjustable. That way you won’t miscalculate the size. It is also better to look for a stroller with adjustable handle so you can adjust it to your height.
Save this article on Pinterest so you don’t lose it!
When can I use a doggy stroller?
Some people hesitate whether to buy a stroller or not. It all depends on the situation. In some cases, alternative methods of transporting your dog don’t work.
A doggy stroller can be useful for a variety of purposes:
- for transporting older and sick dogs that have difficulty with mobility;
- for transporting dogs recovering from surgery;
- for visiting shopping malls or cafes (to keep your dog under control)
- jogging with your pet;
- walking outdoors in the rain;
- to walk with an anxious dog that is afraid of the street.
Transporting a dog in a carrier can be hard because it strains your back. A stroller makes it easier and gives you more freedom.
Can you use a baby stroller as a dog stroller?
Baby strollers are not suitable for dogs because they are constructed differently. The dog must be enclosed and strapped in to travel safely.
Do dogs like to ride in a stroller?
Generally, furry babies enjoy to ride in a stroller. But of course, there are some that don’t want to ride. It’s all up to the individual.
Can I take my dog in a stroller to a market?
Each market has its own rules.
- BEST dog organization ideas to keep your home tidy - June 1, 2023
- 10 Best behaved dog breeds - May 29, 2023
- My dog doesn’t bark. Is that normal? - May 17, 2023