I really like raised dog beds. First, it’s more comfortable to sleep on such a bed. Second, it can be used outside, not just at home. Many dog owners report that their pet loved the elevated bed.
So I decided to write a short buyer’s guide and review of the best elevated dog beds. You will learn what to look for and how to make the right choice.
- Comparison table
- The best elevated beds for dogs
- Best cheapest elevated dog bed – Amazon Basics
- K9 Ballistics Chew Proof Elevated Dog Bed
- K&H Elevated Dog Bed with Removable Bolsters
- PawHut Elevated Pet Bed with UV Protection Canopy Shade
- Disc-O-Bed Elevated Covered Dog Bed
- K&H PET PRODUCTS Elevated Cozy Cot
- Beautiful Elevated Raised Rattan Bed PawHut
- KingCamp Elevated Dog Bed
- Momarsh Elevated Dog Cot
- Creative Co-Op Rattan Cushion Dog Bed
- Modern elevated bed Ophelia Mid-Century
- Buyer’s guide
- Benefits of elevated dog beds
- Who are raised beds suitable for?
Last update on 2024-02-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Amazon Basics elevated dog bed – the cheapest, but most practical and durable bed. For more comfort, buy the K&H Elevated Dog Bed with Removable Bolsters, and the Momarsh Elevated Dog Cot is best for camping.
If your dog tends to chew up the bed, consider the K9 Ballistics Chew Proof Elevated Dog Bed.
The best elevated beds for dogs
Best cheapest elevated dog bed – Amazon Basics
I’m afraid of buying cheap stuff because it usually turns out to be inferior and you have to pay twice. But judging by the number of positive reviews, this bed from Amazon Basics is high quality.
Many people write that they’ve been using it for several years, and it’s still durable. The Amazon Basics Cooling Bed persisted even with dogs that tend to destroy all their beds.
K9 Ballistics Chew Proof Elevated Dog Bed
If your dog is an aggressive chewer, this bed from K9 Ballistics might be right for you. Since the edges of the fabric are hidden in a metal frame, your dog can’t tear it up. The durable ripstop ballistics fabric can even withstand digging.
The manufacturer is so confident in their product that they offer a 120-day warranty. Moreover, this fabric isn’t afraid of dirt, moisture and hair. It can be easily cleaned with a wet rag or a hose.
K&H Elevated Dog Bed with Removable Bolsters
Sleeping on a bed with plush sides is more comfortable. Also, many dogs like to lay their heads on it when they rest. If your pet is one of them, you should consider the K&H bed. You can also buy a sun canopy.
PawHut Elevated Pet Bed with UV Protection Canopy Shade
This bed from PawHut comes complete with a sun canopy. This is handy if you want to use it outside. The canopy will protect your pet from the scorching sun. It can be easily attached or removed.
- How to make OUTDOOR DIY dog potty area
- BEST dog organization ideas to keep your home tidy
- 10 Best behaved dog breeds
Disc-O-Bed Elevated Covered Dog Bed
This is another version of a raised bed with a sunshade. Such a canopy is much more comfortable, and the construction of the bed looks more reliable. There is plenty of room under the canopy for the dog, but it can be removed if necessary.
The bed will hold up to 200 pounds. It can be disassembled and transported in a cover (included).
K&H PET PRODUCTS Elevated Cozy Cot
It is an unusual version of a raised bed that looks like a folding camping chair. If your dog likes to sleep higher, but you care about attractive design, then the K&H bed may be interesting for you. Customer reviews show that many Fidos like this bed.
Beautiful Elevated Raised Rattan Bed PawHut
I love rattan garden furniture. This bed looks really nice. I also like the roof for protection from sun and rain. But you can also choose the same model, just without the roof. It’s more convenient to carry it from one place to another.
KingCamp Elevated Dog Bed
It is the perfect elevated bed for travelin and camping. It can be conveniently folded/unfolded and transported. A high bed is much better for outdoor recreation, as your dog is less likely to get cold and dirty.
Momarsh Elevated Dog Cot
It’s a high quality foldable raised camping bed. It can be used at home or outdoors, such as camping. Momarsh bed can be folded in a minute without tools.
Creative Co-Op Rattan Cushion Dog Bed
It is a really creative bed made of natural materials. It could be a home decoration. And to make it soft to sleep on, the manufacturer added a thick cushion.
Modern elevated bed Ophelia Mid-Century
At the end of my list of the best elevated dog beds, I added this stylish, modern one. This bed looks more like a piece of furniture, and it will definitely look beautiful in the interior.
How do I choose a good raised bed for my dog? Pay attention to the following factors:
- reliability of construction (the bed should be stable, not wobbly);
- the strength of the fabric and the quality of the seams (it is better to choose a waterproof fabric);
- easy cleaning (you will have a much easier time with a washable cover than with plush bedding);
- easy assembly.
An added benefit is the portability of the bed. It’s nice if it can be folded and transported or hidden in a closet when needed.
Benefits of elevated dog beds
Are elevated dog beds really worth the money? It’s up to you to decide. They have many advantages:
- They’re more chew-resistant. A dog is less likely to break a raised bed than a soft bed. After all, it’s not as easy to chew up! Also, there is no soft padding inside that can cause strangulation.
- Provide orthopedic support. This reduces joint stress and the development of musculoskeletal disorders in your dog.
- Less dirt and allergens. Soft beds accumulate a lot of dirt and allergens that can’t be completely laundered. And raised beds are made of waterproof fabric that you can easily wipe clean.
- Protect against moisture and cold when used outdoors. A raised bed is above the ground, gets less dirty and doesn’t absorb moisture from the floor. The dog will be more comfortable and not so cold.
- Your dog will feel less hot in the summer on such a bed than on the a soft one.
The only drawback of elevated dog beds is their appearance. Soft beds look prettier and there are more variations in shape and color.
Last update on 2024-01-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Who are raised beds suitable for?
A raised bed is suitable for almost all canines, especially large breeds and those prone to disruptive behavior. It can be a great option for older dogs with arthritis. They experience less discomfort lying on the stretched fabric that supports the body.
It’s not a good idea to buy an elevated bed for a dog with a physical disability that may make it difficult for the dog to climb up. Also, it will be uncomfortable for pregnant and nursing females.
Do dogs prefer raised beds? Indeed, many dogs prefer raised beds. I don’t know how to explain it, but we humans also like to sit higher on the couch than the floor.
Save this article on Pinterest so you don’t lose it!
- How to make OUTDOOR DIY dog potty area - June 18, 2023
- BEST dog organization ideas to keep your home tidy - June 1, 2023
- 10 Best behaved dog breeds - May 29, 2023